Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Easy Enchilada Casserole


Hello Peeps!! I wanted to share a New recipe that I recently tried called Easy Enchilada Casserole. I have been in a Mexican food kinda mood lately and this was perfect!

The recipe was definitely easy to make and came together quite quickly. I'll give you the picture version and the actual recipe at the end of the post. 


(Please excuse my crappy photos, my apartment has one light in the kitchen and it's florescent!)



My Weapons of Choice: 



(You don't need an onion that big or the 2 lbs of meat in the picture. To save time for another meal I'm making I went ahead and browned all the meat with the onion and set aside what I needed for the other recipe. It is a huge time saver when it comes to cooking!)

Here's the easy part:


Cook the ground beef until well done. You can go ahead and add the onion, I prefer to do it this way so that the onion actually gets done. 



The original recipe calls for Corn Tortillas. I am NOT a fan of corn tortillas because they always seems chewy to me. You can use either.

Cut corn tortillas into strips or sections and add in to the mix.

You'll notice in the original recipe that it calls for Cream of Chicken and Cream of Mushroom. My stupid self grabbed two cans of Cream of Mushroom... it still tasted really good! So, you can make the call on that. The recipe also called for Olives; I DESPISE olives, again, it's your choice. That's what's great about this recipe, you can make it to suit your tastes. 


After you've drained your meat, you're going to add in your cream of chicken and mushroom soups, the 10 oz can of Red Enchilada Sauce. (It comes in Mild, Medium and Hot. I chose Mild and it wasn't overly spicy) and the entire can of diced green chilies and my favorite part: The Cheese! 

Go ahead and mix that up. 

Pour that into your casserole dish and add in your tortillas that you cut up.

After making this I decided that I probably should have cut the tortillas into strips and not triangles because I spent the entire meal cutting up pieces of tortilla into smaller bites! 





And if you'e a cheese lover like I am, top it with a little extra cheese!


Throw that bad boy in the oven on 350 Degrees for 45-60 minutes and you will have a delicious, cheesy, Mexican Casserole. Top with Sour Cream, Guacamole or Salsa and Enjoy! 


 Let me know what you think. 

Easy Enchilada Casserole
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 dozen corn tortillas
1 can chopped olives
1 10oz can cream of chicken soup
1 10oz can cream of mushroom soup
½ chopped onion
1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
1 can diced green chilies
1 10oz can red enchilada sauce
Optional garnish: sour cream, guacamole and salsa
Instructions
1.  Cook the ground beef until well done.
2.  Mix together soup, enchilada sauce, olives, onion, and chilies.
3.  Add ground beef and cheese.
4.  Cut corn tortillas into strips or sections and add in to the mix.
5.  Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 45-60 minutes at 350.

6. Garnish with sour cream, guacamole and/or salsa (optional).


No comments:

Post a Comment